Some of these tips may work for you, others may not. However, you don't know unless you try!
|Image courtesy of Google|
- Change your surrounding. Now while it is important to have your own space, who says that it has to be a study? Why not try going to the park on a sunny day and nabbing yourself a bench or a patch of grass? Or maybe a nearby café? You could even just relocate to another room in the house if you fancied a change of scenery- why not stick a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door?
- Swap your equipment. Use a laptop everyday at the same time? Why not get out the trusty notepad and pen and do a bit of writing that way?
- Treat yourself while you write. Whether it be a piece of cake or a snack- just make sure you don't overdo it!
- Try different times to write. If you tend to write in the afternoon, why not try in the morning instead?
- Take a bath or listen to some calming music beforehand to get yourself in the right mind set. Sometimes being able to look at something with a clear mind can help you to write more or think about what you're going to talk about.