|Image Courtesy of Google|
2) Take a minute to sit down and rest- This means just sitting still and not working... at all. Now, I'm not daft. I know this isn't always easy when it feels like you're being pulled left, right and centre but even if it's just taking a proper dinner break. Give your mind a rest. Trust me, it'll thank you for it!
3) Take it a day at a time- or if you're really stuck- an hour- Don't overload yourself with weeks in advance, even if it's for a project, focus on what you need to do for it now, the rest can be done another day.
4) Write down a 'To Do List'- Sometimes, the mind can build things up to such a degree that the tiny little problem that you're having becomes the next world crisis. Jot it down so that you can see how the situation really is. It is on a page in front of you and you know what? Nine times out of ten, it isn't as bad as you think it is.
5) Listen to some calming music- It's amazing how it can help to release the tension from your shoulders and improve your breathing.
6) If you get the chance on your break, go for a walk- The fresh air and exercise will do you good. Besides, if it gets you away from the source of the stress- even for just a little bit- it will remind you that there is a world out there waiting and that you're not as isolated as you think. You can read more about that here.
7) Think of what is waiting for you once you're done- It might be a partner, kids or maybe even a pet. Just think of how you'll be able to kick your shoes off, take some time to enjoy something whether it be a good book or a programme and get a good night's sleep.
I hope this helps- especially in this hectic season! If you've got any thoughts or comments please feel free to share them below!
Oh and Merry Christmas!!