Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Stop Waiting For The Dream To Happen- Go And Get It!

In life, we spend a lot of our time waiting for things to happen. We wait for opportunities to arrive, we wait for the 'right time'- we even wait for the future.

But, what if we were to stop waiting? What if we were to stop hanging around hoping that the thing that we are craving for- the thing that we are dreaming of, would hurry up happen and actually go out and make it?

Why the hell shouldn't we?

Image from Google


When we think of an idea that really gets us excited we can't stop smiling- we're brimming with passion over what we can do and how we can do it when suddenly... 'reality' hits.
  • "How is this going to really happen, though?"
  • "Can I really afford it?"
  • "What if it doesn't work?"
  • "What if no one is interested?"
  • "Is this just silly?"
  • "Maybe I shouldn't do it after all..."
Sound familiar?

In the space of a few moments that idea, which was causing you to brim over with excitement, now looks like a terrifying unreachable fantasy that you can't get away from fast enough.

It is this tailspin that causes regret, bitterness and cause those- oh so dangerous- phrases to rear their ugly heads: "I wish," and "If only I'd..."

The harsh reality is, unless you tackle this way of thinking, you're not going to do anything. You're going to be stuck in a permanent state of frustration where nothing is ever going to change and you're never going to progress and grow as a person.

Rather than allow yourself to be swept away by the reasons why you shouldn't do something, list the reasons you should.

  • "This could be an amazing opportunity where I gain some great memories and have new experiences."
  • "This could be fantastic for my career."
  • "It could give my confidence a real boost."
  • "I might learn something new."
  • "I could meet some new people and make amazing friends."
  • "This might help me to achieve my dream."

"There is no worse ghost than one of an opportunity that was never taken." 

(feel free to tweet that)
I now live by that phrase.
It was one of those lines that pop into your head and it's stuck with me ever since. It pushes me to go for things- to take a chance and do things rather than spend the rest of my life kicking myself for not giving it a go.

Don't let dreams pass you by- otherwise, you may end up regretting it.