Tuesday, 25 March 2014

What Is Reality?

It may seem obvious. Reality is real life, surely? But there's more to it then that.

'Reality' is the current state of something whether that be your general outlook of life, your finances, your career etc'

'Time to face reality' or 'It's time for a reality check' are common phrases that we tend to come across. They can slip into our thoughts or our conversations on a regular basis without us giving them much thought. We never really think about what they mean.

From paulgerald.com

The funny thing about reality is that it is constantly changing and evolving with us.

A year ago, my reality was revising for exams, spending time with friends and wondering what I was going to do with my life. Now, while (admittedly) I have no idea what to do wIth my life, my reality had changed. I get up and ready for work, go there and come home and write. I didn't plan on this change, I didn't foresee this new stage in my life changing me drastically as a person (in a good way I'd like to think) but it happened- my reality changed.

If you consider reality as an adaptable force then you have a lot of possibilities at your fingertips. You can take control of it. You can change your own reality.

Just because something is a certain way right now, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. If you have the drive to do something, if you have the vision and the determination to make something different, whether that be financially, emotionally or maybe even to do with your career, then why shouldn't you be able to change things? Why not be in control of your own future?

It's your reality- no-one else's so take charge of it or else it'll take charge of you!

What are you planning on changing? Do you like your reality and if so, why? Let me know in the comments below!