Tuesday, 1 April 2014

When Life Won't Give You Lemonade, Go And Look For Lemons

Unfortunately, life isn't always smooth sailing. We all have time where our lack of success or lack of results after all of the hard work  that we put in can get us down. We feel undervalued, we feel taken for granted.

We start to wonder what's the point. We start to wonder if all of our effect is for nothing. We wonder when things are going to start going our way.

From vimeo.com
When life won't give you lemonade, go and look for some lemons.

If life won't give you the results you're after- go and get them.

I have a good example of this. Lately, my lack of progress in regards to getting my writing 'out there' has been getting to me and I decided to do something. I sent a piece of flash fiction to an online magazine.

I didn't think much of it, to be honest. I soon found myself distracted by other things and it had completely slipped my mind until I checked my emails this evening. The guy who I had sent the piece to had gotten back to me to tell me that they'd liked the piece and that they were going to publish it. (I'll post a link when it's been published!)

When life won't give you lemonade, go and look for some lemons.

If you want someone to give you a chance, sometimes you've got to go and search for one.

Sometimes if you want something, you have to go out and get it. If you're waiting for results and they're not happening, sometimes you have to go out and get them yourself.

So now, right now, plan to do something proactive- plan to get those results. And, you know what?Even if you don't get the response you're after at least you've taken a positive step towards what you were after all along.