|Image from Google|
By hiding away and hoping that the problem will disappear, it will only get worse.
The problem is that once you risk a glance out of the sand, once you take a peek at the world again, you realise that the problem has done nothing but escalate and that you're going to have to deal with the problem anyway.
It's not easy to stand up and face things head on but it's the best way to handle a situation. Yes, it's scary and, yes, all you want to do is stamp your fists and rave about how unfair it is but it doesn't solve the problem. By dealing with it straight away- no matter how little you want to- gets it out of the way.
What's more, by avoiding every little issue you struggle with the big things- you have no idea how to tackle the big challenges that will inevitably come your way.
The trick to dealing with the issue? Make a pathway.
Firstly (and arguably the most difficult of all): Identify the problem.
- This can be an issue at work, family members not getting on, a mistake that you've made that has major consequences etc. The key thing here is to identify it and accept it.
- Take a deep breath and then literally write down all of the ways to deal with the problem. Be realistic- winning the lottery shouldn't be on there unless you feel the need to cheer yourself up at the end!
- The list should include all of your options, even the ones that you may not like, so then you can see where you can go.
- Choose which option to take and act on it. This may take some time. The best advice I can give you is go with your gut instinct. Take a deep breath and choose.
- It will be difficult and you will have to grit your teeth and bear it but you will get through it.