Sunday, 25 May 2014

Hope Is Where We Find It

Image from Google
I found this saying on the wall of my sister's room yesterday- it is this phrase, in fact, which inspired me to write this blog post.

When you think of hope, what do you think of? Do you think of a promising future? Or how about something finally falling into place?

If you'd asked me the same question yesterday I would have given a similar answer, that was until I saw that small piece of card with that phrase on.

At first, I didn't understand it. Don't get me wrong- I love tea but how could it give someone hope? Did it refer to the refreshment that it can bring or to the stereotypical relaxation that comes with it?

So I sat and thought about it, trying to work out what it could possibly mean when I suddenly thought about it a different way.

What if it didn't refer to the tea itself but the ritual of sharing tea with others? What if it meant sharing a conversation or sharing a moment of comfort?

What if hope doesn't always have to come in the form of big gestures and life changing moments? What if it's already there right in front of us?

What if hope can come in the form of friends getting together and supporting each other? What if hope can come in the form of an embrace or a kiss?

What if rather than the promise or an incredible future hope is something simpler like the reminder that everything is alright and you're on the right track?

Hope is all around. It can be found in the small gestures that we come across everyday. The beautiful thing about hope is that when you give someone that comfort, when you take part in that hug, you remind people that you're there which spreads that hope onto others. You remind others that there is good in the world, that they're not alone and that maybe the planet isn't so bad after all.

Once you give someone that bit of hope, it spreads and that bit of kindness you showed one person is now making its way around to others.

When was the last time you gave someone hope? What did you do? Let me know!

If you liked this post or think that someone could really benefit from reading it, please make sure to share!