Sunday, 1 June 2014

Why Your Health Should ALWAYS Come First

So often in our lives we are distracted by our duties, whether they be our duty to our families, our jobs as well as numerous other things.

We spend all of our energy on trying to juggle all of these balls in the air, on trying to keep everyone happy and all of our responsibilities sorted that we forget the most important thing in our entire life.

Our health.

Our health doesn't have deadlines, it doesn't have someone telling us what we should be doing or demand that we do what it wants it to. Our health is solely reliant on us.

No one is responsible for our health but us. If we don't care of it, we can't point the finger at someone else. If we take it for granted and it deteriorates because of it, it is no one's fault but ours.

When your health goes, you can't a new one. You can't go to a shop and request some a new pair of lungs or some new limbs- once the damage is done you have to live with it.

I cannot express this enough!
Still not convinced? Think of it this way: if you do not care for your health, it will force you to stop and when you stop you can not act on your duties and responsibilities.

This life right here, this one that you are living right now as you read this post is it. This is your one shot. Now, while it is important to make the most of it and savour every moment it is just as important to make sure that you take are of yourself so you can make the most of it that you can.

How can you take better care of yourself? I would say that I would put less pressure on myself and to give myself more of a break. Let me know yours in the comments!

I will be without Wi-Fi until next weekend and so I'm afraid that I will be out of touch for a while and my next post won't be for a while.

Have a nice week!