Sunday, 9 November 2014

Coming To An End To Find A New Beginning

I didn't know how I was going to start this post. To be honest, it was something that I was toying with all day, trying to find the words to explain what I'm thinking.


The thing is, I'm going to be stopping this blog.


I'm not quitting blogging altogether, lord only knows that my rambling needs an outlet, it's just that after taking the commitment to sit down and write this blog I've realised something.


I'm not entirely happy with the content that I've been putting out.


It's not been my best work (I know it's not been my best work) and one thing that is vital to my writing is that I give it everything that I've got and that I push the boundaries- something which I haven't been doing with this blog.


So, I'm going to take some time away to think about what I really want to talk about. I want to create a blog that I can be proud of, rather than something that feels more of a chore than a pleasure.


Sometimes, we need to start again to get to where we want to be. It can be scary and feel as though you're diving into the unknown but to me that's what writing is all about: testing the waters, trying new things and seeing how far you can go.


This isn't goodbye but rather a bye for now. I will be back and I'm sure my blog and my writing will be better than ever.


Speak soon,


Mary Lou xx